Here at Sally On Media, interests and passions often intersect in exciting ways: media and technology, art and literature, and just about anything to do with Europe.
That is why we’re especially excited about a client who pursues all three at once. Cultural Roadmapp is an early-stage transatlantic start-up supporting Ireland through tourism. CEO Deborah Schull is hosting an event on April 12 in New York as a “soft launch” of her company, which will be providing GPS-enabled audio tours for motorists driving along the Wild Atlantic Way on Ireland’s West coast. It’s an especially timely gathering, part of the Yeats 2015 global celebration of Irish poet and dramatist William Butler Yeats, who was born 150 years ago.
Here are the details, and we hope to see you there.
A celebration of Yeats’ legacy and charity raffle to benefit Concern Worldwide, a humanitarian organization dedicated to eradicating extreme poverty around the world
Sunday, April 12
Irish Arts Center
553 W. 51st St. at 11th Ave
An exclusive program
- Portrayal of Yeats by actor Neil Bradley, who will read selected poems
- Conversation on Yeats’s lasting literary influence with James Pethica Ph.D., senior lecturer in English and Theater at Williams College, and Luke Gibbons Ph.D., visiting professor, New York University, moderated by Adam Farley, deputy editor of Irish America magazine
- Music performed by flutist Kevin Crawford of Lúnasa, an award-winning group considered today’s best performers of Irish traditional music
- Tony DeMarco, a highly admired Sligo-style fiddler
- vocalist Alisa Rose, who is composing an original song for the event
Buffet Lunch: 1-2 pm
Program: 2-3.30 pm
Cocktails: 3.30-4.30 pm
For more information and to register, click here.
We’d like to thank dear friends–Gerry McGwyne and Erich Linker–for supporting our event. Gerry, owner of O’Flanigan’s Pub and Restaurant and T and G Reloc, a moving company, is catering the event and providing two raffle prizes. Erich, a media executive and serial entrepreneur, is providing cocktails for four at Campbell Apartment, a veritable institution in Grand Central.
We hope our traveling and literary friends will join us at this unique event.
See you there!
Sally O’Dowd is founder and CEO of Sally On Media, a multimedia communications company in New York. We help media and tech brands grow and thrive.